Visual Designer/Web Specialist Needed
Position: Visual Designer/Web Specialist
Department: Communications & Marketing
Reporting Relationship: Senior Manager, Marketing & Creative Services,
in close association with VP, Communications and Marketing
Status: Full-time; Non-exempt (hourly)
The Visual Designer/Web Specialist is an essential member of the DSA’s Communications & Marketing Department—part of a highly productive two-person, in-house design team. The designer/specialist will collaborate with another design partner to create compelling, on-brand designs for a wide variety of digital and print platforms in a fast-paced, quick- turnaround environment. This includes responsibility for visual concepts through execution. The designer/specialist also shares responsibility for the design, user experience and maintenance of the DSA/Metropolitan Improvement District (MID) website and supervision of any related micro-sites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops new web pages and microsites (UI, UX, front-end development).
- Creates design through final art files for various communications and marketing projects.
- Provides guidance for our online presence, advocating for the best user experience while ensuring that our business goals are met.
- Designs and distributes electronic member communications including newsletters, invitations and email blasts in accordance with brand standards using MailChimp and Neon CRM.
- Sets up online RSVPs for events, updating and maintaining our CRM system.
- Manages our subscription lists in our CRM system.
- Conducts ongoing content updates and regular page refreshes on the DSA/MID website with adherence to the organization’s brand standards and user experience best practices.
- Implements website changes, working with content owners to keep their sections updated.
- Captures needs and wants from internal stakeholders and proposes the most e ective communication or marketing solution.
- Monitors and compiles monthly report on website traffic and site navigation patterns, including social media platforms.
- Develops and updates search engine optimization protocols, and other procedures for website maintenance.
- Facilitates communication with print, creative and tech support vendors.
- Assists with external benchmarking against organizations, web trends, etc.
- Provides assistance with non-design-related projects and events as needed.
- Performs other related
- Four-year degree in visual design or similar. Additional web development certi cation preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience designing and coding HTML emails. Knowledge of email marketing best practices a plus.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in website development and visual design.
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics and other social media monitoring tools a plus.
- Photography and Adobe Lightroom experience a plus.
- Superior demonstration of creativity and attention to detail.
- Team player comfortable in a collaborative environment.
- Highly organized with able to attend to multiple projects and daily deadlines.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal clients and demonstrate good judgment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful, self-motivated
Competitive annual salary plus full medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, short- and long-term disability, 401K retirement plan and annual ORCA Pass.
Please send a resume to email@example.com. To be considered, resumes must be received by October 15, 2016.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
The Downtown Seattle Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.