Web/Graphic Design (Paid) Internship
Web/ Graphic Design Internship
Paid Internship – Fall 2016 (3months)
$10-15/hour- depending on experience. (Company is based in Kent)
Employer: 22I7 WORLD
2217 WORLD is a new brand for Menswear fashion. We have just launched our 2017 Line and are currently in the process of interviewing and finalizing a Sales Agent/ agency in the US and Canada for the retail market. We are also working with an overseas design team to build up our online web presence.
We are a very small, startup company looking for really passionate people to work with. But that being said, we are still a part of, and under the umbrella of, International News Inc. and Shah Safari Inc., both well-known apparel manufacturers based out of Seattle and doing business since the 80s. The intern will acquire valuable hands on experience by working one on one within a small team.
I have attached our Brand Book for your reference.
- We are looking for a Graphic/ Web Designer with an interest in, and major in design, new media, communications, or other associated major, to work with our web designer.
- We are currently under development and will soon launch our website. This will represent a complete online sales web platform (developing on Shopify) for all our products. We need an intern who is willing to learn and participate in a collaborative environment to help us grow! This includes working to discover and support best practices and opportunities for the visual aesthetic, interface design, information architecture, brand promise, imagery, typography, functionality, and overall user experience.
- The internship will mostly be virtual, with 1-2 (as required) status update meetings a week in office.
Our Graphic/Web Design Intern will be responsible for:
- Helping out our Design team to execute certain tasks
- Assist with brochures and POP design
- General need in terms of stationary and other marketing materials
- Assisting and supporting the everyday requirements of the web design team
- Design, asset prep and optimization, design research, brainstorming and user experience flows
- Must have experience in web design, preferably also with graphic design.
Must have knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects.
- Shopify experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Please include link to an online profile or PDF of work sample to email@example.com
- We will require the candidates to come for an interview @ headquarters in Kent, WA
- The position is virtual, but at least one meeting a week is required