Web Development Intern Needed
The City of Bellevue, WA is currently recruiting for a Web Development Intern to work with a Web Developer within the IT department and employees across the city. This position will play a very important role in ensuring the quality and excellence of the city website by this team to both internal and external customers.
This is a variable position and will be required to work on an average 28 hours per week. This is a paid internship.
- Verify Semantic Web Content – Check and edit web pages to match internal governance and design standards, especially for ADA compliance and overall product consistency
- Train and Guide Internal Customers – With adequate guidance from other developers, help customers answer questions, troubleshoot issues, and learn how to maintain their own content
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university for a degree in human computer interaction, web development or related technical field
- One or more years of experience of being able to hand-code static web sites
- Or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong proficiency writing, editing, and analyzing hand coded HTML and a working knowledge of CSS
- Strong knowledge of accessibility standards and best practices coding practices for responsively designed websites
- Ability to guide non-technical clients through technical processes including the ability to explain workflows, answering questions, and troubleshoot issues through defined protocols
- Quick learner of technology solutions and business operations with strong attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Experience with CMS-driven sites, content editing, help desk, or previous professional web development a plus
How to Apply:
For further information about the job, please contact Kristin Headlee, Talent Acquisition and Staffing Analyst at email@example.com or 425-452-7676. Questions regarding the on-line application process should be directed to Human Resources at 425-452-4150.