Foundry10 Seeks Web Design & Development Intern
Are you creative in visual communication across multiple platforms? Are you passionate about helping organizations cultivate their messages to share with the world? Do you love collaborating with others to shape visual storytelling that will get an audience excited?
Foundry10 is seeking for a summer intern to join our team and help us develop our website and better communicate with users. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a curious and open mindset, and thrive on collaboration and exploration. This internship would begin June 26th and run through August 31st. This is a paid, part-time internship at $15/hr and 20hrs/wk.
Foundry10 is a privately funded organization focused on researching student learning, specifically through non- traditional learning methods. Part of our vision is to show and express what learning can look like outside the traditional classroom setting. Community engagement through multimedia is an integral part of this process and it’s important for our media to showcase how we are changing how learning is perceived.
- Work with foundry10 staff to craft messages and design pages that communicate them clearly.
- Create mockups and present them to relevant staff for feedback and approval.
- Build and launch page designs onto the site, then track performance.
- Suggest, discuss and implement changes to improve function of site and clarity of message.
- Understand the vision of the organization and promote the brand.
- Exceptional core visual communication and design skills.
- Ability to use basic and advanced computer programs, including but not limited to graphics creation
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, and PHP.
- Proficiency and past experience with the WordPress CMS.
- Ability to work well independently, flexibly, and in a collaborative team environment.
- Internship or previous experience in the job duties preferred.
If you would like to be a part of a growing, innovative company, submit your cover letter, portfolio, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.