WEB105 » 06) User Profile
By profiling of a typical user that may come to our site we will begin to understand what our potential users want and need out of our website:
Paige McCormick is an elementary art teacher, artist, and girls’ Little League Track coach in Portland, Oregon. She is 35 years old and lives in Northwest Portland near Forest Park with her dog Ruth Ann (Ruthie), who is a year-and-a-half old.
Paige owns her house and spends a great deal of time fixing it and gardening. She has a very busy and active lifestyle. When not working. Paige spends her time outdoors running, mountain-biking and playing with Ruthie.
Paige is an enthusiastic dog-owner and goes out of her way to provide for her dog. She has given up on stuffed animal toys — they’re so cute, but Ruthie guts them immediately and eats the fiberfill. Paige casually studies dog behavior and training techniques. She enjoys living near Forest Park as it provides an excellent place for Ruthie to romp and chase squirrels.
Paige has a 56k modem but is thinking about upgrading to DSL service soon. She uses a Mac G3 and considers herself very computer-savvy. She does a significant amount of her shopping online which she finds saves her a great deal of time, although sometimes the shipping is a deterrent. She appreciates the automatic monthly deliveries of dog food.
She loves smaller pet shops that specialize in items that appeal to her aesthetics and dislikes large warehouse style pet stores such as PetClub although she admits they provide necessities at a reasonable price.
- Choose a user that is likely to visit your project site and profile that user in detail including but not limited to: gender, age, education level, marital status income and typical tasks the user might perform on the new site (register, log on, search for information, buy a specific product, send their email address, or call for more information).
- This shall be written as a comprehensive report in paragraph style that you, your team and Client can easily view and understand
- Post a link to this assignment in the comments section below AND print this out and turn it in according to the class Schedule (Fall) or Schedule (Winter).
- Persona Template | Wireframes Magazine
- Develop Personas | Usability.gov
- Personas: The Foundation of a Great User Experience | UX Magazine
- Anatomy of a Search Persona | Apogee Results
- The Anatomy of a Good Persona | Parker LaPla
- Personality in Design | A List Apart
- Using Personas To Help Create Better Web Sites | 8 Gram Gorilla