WEB105 » 09) Sitemap
A Sitemap shows a visual representation of the site’s structure, organization, flow and grouping of content information and should clearly show pages and user paths within the site:
- Pick at least two competitors and research what they are doing right and wrong with their sitemaps.
- Take screenshots of the competitor’s sites and describe and analyze in paragraph form (from your perspective) what they are doing right and wrong with their sitemaps. (e.g.) Are the groupings of pages logical? Are the labels of pages understandable?
- Based off this information, you shall then create your own sitemap in the software of your choice or by hand using a ruler.
- This shall all be done in report format.
- Post a link to this assignment in the comments section below AND print this out and turn it in according to the class Schedule (Fall) or Schedule (Winter).
- Information Architecture for the Web | Premium Design Works