WEB105 » Meta Data
Meta Data is “data about data”, of any sort in any media. Meta Data is text, voice, or image that describes what the audience wants or needs to see or experience. The audience could be a person, group, or software program. Meta Data is important because it aids in clarifying and finding the actual data.
Using Meta Data
On the web, Meta Data is usually used to find relevant information about topics we are interested in. This is usually done through a search engine like Google.
When we are searching for information on the web, we usually search using key words. These key words then bring back results that we look through. Thus, we are using key words in searches as Meta Data.
To use Meta Data effectively, we need place it within our:
- Search Engine Visibility | Premium Design Works
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in WordPress without Using a Plugin | Premium Design Works
- 10 SEO Techniques All Top Web Sites Should Use | FreelanceFolder
- Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide – Google [PDF 560kb]
- SEO: The Free Beginner’s Guide | SEOmoz
Creating Meta Data
To create useful Meta Data, first one must understand the subject matter. Using a tool like the Meta Data Creation Tool will give you a good start: