Writing text that the visitor will deem written “to them” is essential in personalizing site content for your users. The first step in writing effective text is to “understand” your (potential) audience.
By creating a User Profile of the target audience that may come to our site we will begin to understand what our potential users want and need out of our website in the way of written content.
User Profiles (a.k.a. Personas) should include but not limited to:
- Name: a unique name that evokes an emotional response from your user audience (e.g. “Hurt on the Job Joe”)
- Quote: a unique quote from this person that evokes an emotional response from your user audience
- Photo: a professionally and appropriate looking photo
- Demographics: gender, age, education level, marital status, income, etc.
- Profile: who are they and what attitudes and perceptions do they have about the world, technology, etc.),
- Goals: what are their motivations for visiting the website
- Usage: what are some tasks they might perform on the site
- Needs: what kind of information or functionality they hope to find
- Create User Profiles (a.k.a. Personas) for at least two users that most closely resembles your target audience or that is likely to visit your project site.
- This shall be written as a comprehensive report in paragraph style that you, your team and Client can easily view and understand.
- Post a link to this assignment in the comments section below AND Print all of this out and turn in as your User Profile assignment according to the class Schedule (Fall) or Schedule (Summer).