WEB160 » 08) News Posting
Internet news releases usually go out as emails or blog postings, not paper sheets, which means you need to adapt your prose for electronic delivery.
You also need to adapt your story for an audience that might be better informed and much more cynical. These online customers generally care about what works well, saves them time and costs less.
To make your case, present the components of the press release to answer the readers questions via:
- Headline: what’s new here?
- Date: when did this happen?
- Organization: who is this from?
- Opening: what’s the gist of the story?
- Follow Up: what are the details?
- Quote(s): who said what?
- About: background of the company or organization?
- Contact: how can I reach you?
- This News Posting must contain at least 300 words.
- Post a link to this assignment in the comments section below AND Print all of this out and turn in as your News Post assignment according to the class Schedule (Fall) or Schedule (Summer).
- News Posting | Levi Gable