WEB170 » 05) Create Your Theme from Your Template
Once you have created your content and menu systems, you are ready to start making your own WordPress theme. Here is where you will need to convert your template system that you completed for the Create Your Template Files assignment into a working WordPress theme.
- Create the 1) Index (index.php), 2) Main Styles (style.css), 3) Functions (functions.php) and 4) The Screenshot (screenshot.png) files from your template files.
- Upload these files to your themes folder within your WordPress install and activate this as your theme.
- Add the 1) bloginfo, 2) body_class, 3) wp_head, 4) wp_footer functions to your theme.
- Create The Loop within the content area of your theme that includes the 1) The Title, 2) The Permalink and 3) The Content functions.
- I will check your Protosite’s “View” and “Code” links from your Client Staging Area according to the class Schedule (Spring) to review and grade.