WEB170 » 08) Create a Static Home Page with Multiple Loops for Your Site
If you are running a blog or a news website, having a list of your postings on your home page seems to be a reasonable option. But, what if you are a small business that has much more of a brochureware type website?
Fortunately, WordPress comes with the option to create a static “Home” or “Front” page and allows yo to place your blog or news feed on another page. So… let’s do that!
- Create a “Home” page with a short seo paragraph in your “Pages” admin.
- Create a file called front-page.php to use as your front page template based off of your home.html file and tag the file with the file’s name.
- Go to Settings > Reading and set your Front page to display a static page set to “Home” and your Posts page set to “Blog.”
- In your front-page.php file, create loop number one to use the standard loop to pull your short seo paragraph from your home page.
- In your front-page.php file, create loop number two (a nested loop) and give it directions to pull your latest four postings from your blog.
- I will check your Protosite’s “View” and “Code” links from your Client Staging Area according to the class Schedule (Spring) to review and grade.