WEB200 > Using Imagery on the Web
There are two easy and basic theories to keep in mind when using imagery in your web page:
- The images of your site in a spotlight application or highlighting a particular feature or idea, most likely should be full color or independent in color
- The images of your site supporting the content of the site should adhere to the color scheme of the site
Where can I find images and illustrations to use?
When it comes to designing a page for your Client, you may have to use For Position Only (FPO) images until they (or you) can take photos or buy the cute little graphic you have fallen in love with.
There are quite a few stock photography and illustration websites that you can choose from:
- Royalty Free Images, Illustrations & Photos | iStockphoto
- Stock Photography, Editorial Photos, Footage & Music | Getty Images
- Royalty-Free Subscription Stock Photography & Vector Art | Shutterstock
What about icons, textures and patterns?
There are a variety of places you can get icons and textures as well: